Numbers on a spreadsheet don’t have the power to entice and interact with people the way moving stories do. These days, we gravitate towards interactive content that responds to our gestures and indulges our curiosity. That’s why Infogram has introduced three new powerful features designed to help you build unforgettable stories (click one of the options to be directed to the specific steps):
These options are available in template projects only: infographics, reports, dashboards, slides, and Facebook posts.
To enable or disable scroll-activated chart animations:
Infogram embeds have always had a subtle animation when you first load the page. Now, charts can load one-by-one with the viewer as they scroll through your work – leaving them pleasantly surprised by the movement and new content that appears as they interact with your webpage.
❶ Open your Account settings.
❷ Switch to the Project Settings tab.
❸ In View experience, choose one of the available options under Show object animation:
- Show object animation at once: all charts and maps will load at the same time when the viewer opens the page where your Infogram content is embedded.
- Show one by one on screen: charts and maps will load one by one when the viewer scrolls through the page where your Infogram content is embedded.
You can also remove the chart animation completely:
❶ Select your chart (one click).
❷ Expand the Chart properties tab in the right side settings panel.
❸ Deselect the Animate setting.
To add an animation to objects:
You can have objects appear however you’d like as viewers scroll through your infographics and reports. You can set your animations to zoom, fade, bounce, flip, and slide effortlessly into your work – grabbing your viewer’s attention and keeping them engaged.
❶ Open a new project and select the object you want to animate. All objects, except for videos, support this feature.
❷ Click on Add animation in the right-side settings panel.
❸ Choose the Animation type from the panel on the right. When hovering over animations, they are previewed on the canvas.
❹ Adjust the animation you have selected. You can:
- Set the duration of the animation
- Set a delay (this may be used efficiently when presenting something)
- Set whether you want the animation to play once when visible (the object will be animated just once when loaded onto the page) or always (the object will be animated in a repeated loop)
- Preview the changes that you have introduced
- Change the animation to a different one whenever you want
- Delete the animation if you do not wish to use it anymore
To enable interactivity hints:
Enable slick interactivity hints alerting your viewer to layers of additional helpful material. That way, nobody will miss your links, tooltips, zoomable maps, legends, or tabs!
❶ Open your project.
❷ Click on the Project viewer experience tab in the Settings panel on the right and enable the Show interactivity hints option.
Open the project in a preview, web-view or where it is embedded to see hints appear (see the example below)!
Login to Infogram to build your own moving infographics and reports!