By default, every new map added to your project is an Area map (regions represented with a color variation). However, you can switch to an Icon map (where points on the map are designated with icons or symbols) anytime.
Switching to an Icon map
- Click on a map to select it.
- Go to the Settings panel on the right and click on the Map Properties tab.
- Select Icon map under Map type.
Changing the icon
- From the Map properties tab in the right-side settings panel, scroll down to the Select icon field.
- Click Change to see the available icons.
- Use the search bar to look for a specific icon, then click on it to select it. You will see the new icon update on your map.