After you’ve inserted a map into your project, you can edit its dataset at any time. Simply double-click on the map or head over to the Edit data tab in the settings panel to introduce changes in the datasheet.
When importing data, be sure to keep the following formatting and layout of the default dataset for the map to display correctly.
- Column 1 (English title): Country or region for the Area map. City, address, landmark, etc. for the Icon map.
- Column 2 (Value): Numerical data.
- Column 3 (Group): Group entries (this column will be used if you've chosen the Grouped style for your map).
- Column 4 (Coordinates): Automatically populated when Column 1 is filled in. You can also copy-paste your own coordinates.
- Column 5 (Label): Whatever you insert in this column will be displayed in the map tags when hovering over data points.
- Column 6... (Text): Add additional text for it to appear in the tooltip when hovering over data points.